Monday, July 25, 2011

The last of the three

Yesterday, I fulfilled the hole in my heart shaped like SBS. Haha, I was glad to be able to go to SBS so now I can say that I've been to the three major broadcasting stations in Korea! I'll start from the beginning.

I had lunch with Sara before going to SBS. We always go to "strawberry place" but it's good so it's not too bad. And their menu is large enough so that I don't get sick of the food. Anyways, we went to sign in for the field trip, but turns out Sara can't go because she's not on the list! =( So Eileen and I went on our own. I met Stephanie from Korean class (whose English name I didn't know because the teacher calls her by her Korean name) and we had fun watching Inkigayo together.

The whole thing was really strict. The security guards were crazy. Only certain people could sit in certain seats. And no cameras AT ALL. If you took a picture, they asked you to delete and waited and watched until you did. But I managed to get one picture... The security was so intense there, really. It was almost to the point of just flat out rude. But venue was small, so maybe that's why they were intense. I'm actually not quite sure...

 Outside SBS.

Inside SBS. The group on stage...I don't know who it is. GP Basic, I guess, looking at the signs in the back.

I felt so not Korean at the show. As groups came on stage and left, I'd turn to Stephanie and say, "Who's that?" And she wouldn't know either. So we just eavesdropped on the little kids behind us who were critiquing the show and its performers, haha. It was really cute.

After SBS, I went back and finished my homework. Or at least tried to. I was really tired so my reading went really slowly and I'm not sure I understood the story I read for class. I guess we'll find out today in discussion...

I went to dinner and then church with my aunt. Dinner was pretty amazing. It was this little Italian place right next to the dorms, but it was super fancy. The pasta took a while to make, it seemed, but I guess in the end it was worth it. Too filling...

Yesterday, while eventful, seems a little empty in retrospect. This is the last full week of classes before finals. Eek! We'll see how it all goes. I can't believe this program is moving so quickly! Before I know it, I'll be back in Reno. Oh my...

No comments:

Post a Comment