Monday, July 18, 2011

Not being a science major

53% off carpet cleaning? Thanks Groupon! Lately, I haven't seen any good deals from Groupon. I guess that's a good thing since I wouldn't be able to take advantage of any of them while I'm gone...

I'm really bored so I'm updating now instead of tomorrow. Plus, there wasn't much to update for today anyway...

The day was super low key. In Korean Studies, we watched 태국기, a movie about (two brothers during) the Korean War. It's gruesome and it's a tear jerker. Not far into the movie, it already made me cry. My only thoughts were, 'Really? Tears this early in the movie?' I've been warned that it gets sadder. I believe it. We only saw the first half of it in class, so I can't wait for the second half. We also didn't get our midterms back today so... =(

Today was like the first real sunny day since I've been here. A month has gone by and there hasn't been one until today. People who live in Korea have told me that the weather after monsoon season is really hot and uncomfortable. Then, I thought, 'What could really be worse than this rain?' Well, it's this. It was so hot today. Ugh...

In Korean, it was pretty straightforward. We learned all these words for stomach problems, which I'm sure all of you could guess what that entails. I'll give you a hint:

Oh, our book is wonderful... Haha.

We went to eat right down the street at our favorite "Strawberry Place." It's good, yeah, but I wish we had taken advantage of the weather and gone down to Sinchon. I'm so bored (because I have no homework) that I decided to do laundry. I'm waiting for it to be done and I've already taken a nice nap. Teehee. Here are pictures from today, trying to capture the weather. I don't bring my camera to class so this was later in the day...




So, this is what it feels like to not be a science major...no homework...hmmm... I really like it! Though, I wouldn't switch. I love science way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment